1. To be the flag bearer of legal education of the entire North-Eastern Region of India.
2. To engage in the relentless pursuit of legal knowledge and establish itself as a reputed center of academic excellence and research in the field of law.
3. To produce legal professionals, academicians and administrators of distinguished quality and repute as a noble contribution to the society.
4. To continue its rich legacy in the field of legal education and play its role in the process of nation building with all sincerity.
To achieve its vision, the college places emphasis on the following practices –
1. Encouraging students in the relentless pursuit of legal knowledge and development of their personalities as a whole to serve the society as first class citizens of the country by providing them a conducive atmosphere of learning.
2. Striving towards making every student employable through holistic education and development of the right skills and knowledge to become pure professionals in the field of law and practice – as judicial officers, advocates, academicians, jurists or legislators – and also helping them in identifying their inherent talents.
3. Sustaining and further developing its status in the field of legal education and research.
4. Creating legal awareness for all the sections of people in society by conducting seminars, symposiums, workshops, law lectures and legal aid camps.
The college is also committed to provide free legal aid services to the needy people through its Legal Aid Clinic under the supervision of District as well as State Legal Services Authorities.
5. Encouraging students to participate in all kinds of extra-curricular activities in order to inculcate their inherent talents and groom their personalities.
6. Organizing and encouraging students to participate in moot court competitions whether national/international in order to imbibe the techniques and skills of advocacy.